Coaching Skills For Leaders
The purpose of this training is to provide Leaders the coaching skills needed to create and sustain powerful alliances with their colleagues and team members. It is clear that leaders who have a firm grasp of cutting-edge coaching strategies will have a competitive edge in the field of management. The only problem is that, to date, most leaders have not been given these coaching skills. Through this training, participants will gain tools, principles and skills to empower themselves and others to succeed in the areas of collaboration, communication and goal achievement. Finally, all participants will receive a Certificate in Coaching Skills from the Academy For Coaching Excellence at the completion of this training. This signifies that they have engaged in a rigorous course of study. It does not qualify them as certified coaches.
- The role and objectives of a well-trained coach; how coaching is different from consulting, mentoring and counseling.
- Distinguish the key contexts in which coaching skills can make a difference.
- Gain specific tools to consistently shift your attention and action – as individuals and as a team – toward that which brings true meaning, relevance, and value to your work.
- Why it is so difficult for you to take action on new ideas, and what can be done about it.
- Learn a definition of success that, if implemented, drives results as well as collaboration, inclusion, and greater fulfillment.
- Learn the “rules of engagement” for bringing a vision into reality with ease.
- Discern and move past the “internal self-limiting conversations” that have made your vision more challenging to attain, up until now.
- Learn why your experiences and interactions are shaped by the conclusions you focus on, and discover how to shift your attention to conclusions that will empower you.
- Adopt a way of seeing and interacting with others that will consistently build trust and produce empowering results.
- Gain a new, more consistently empowering way of defining, setting, and supporting others to set goals.
- Learn and gain skill in using empowering questions in your work with others.
- Discover how to support others in moving forward past internal and external obstacles with greater ease.
- See how to harness the art of acknowledgment to build trust and reinforce positive action.
- Discover a powerful internal guidance system that, when used individually or with a team, brings resilience and creativity to even the most complex and stressful challenges.
What Distinguishes This Approach
My approach combines proven principles, practical tools, and pragmatic skills, so you can immediately start producing the results you are seeking — including clarity & alignment around vision & goals, more focus & ease in taking effective action, and greater tangible impacts in your work.
Whereas a mentor, consultant, or traditional skills trainer shares valuable expertise and wisdom in a particular area, as a coach and coaching skills trainer, I will give you tools, skills, and support to consistently draw upon your own innate strengths and wisdom — across every area of your work.
I am rigorously trained, certified, and licensed as a professional coach and trainer, in a coaching model designed, refined, and delivered with life-changing impact to thousands of people over two decades by the Academy for Coaching Excellence (ACE). ACE is a world-class coaching training organization accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF), the leading credentialing body in the coaching profession.
This program can be delivered in 1 to 3-day segments organized to meet specific organizational needs. For questions, contact me at